ALIAS Surface Engineer (Quote ref: DQASE)
Term: January 2015, possibility of extension.
Design Q is a premium design consultancy creating unique solutions for the transport sector. Our designers are dedicated individuals with a proven capability in making a difference, with expertise spanning automotive, aerospace and marine.
We are looking for a new team member, all applicants must be creative, innovative and flexible with the ability to work on their own initiative and as a member of a team. You’ll have the courage to challenge conventional thinking and be able to demonstrate your ability in a team environment. You will be active in the design team, and developing CAD models from sketches and renderings.
Attention to detail, design sensitivity, ‘A’ Class Surfacing ability and understanding are key to this role.
Education and Experience:
Minimum requirements include:
Must be proficient in using Autodesk Alias Automotive software for building Exterior / Interior surfaces of a vehicle.
Must have minimum 3 years of Class "A” surfacing experience working at an Automotive OEM or a Supplier.
Able to manage their time with little supervision, in order to deliver projects with tight deadlines.
- Educated to Degree level in either Industrial/Product/Transport design or equivalent industry experience.
- Exceptional design intuition and sensitivity.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to visually communicate through sketches, and renderings if required.
- Ability to think three-dimensionally, with a strong emphasis on proportions and a refined sense of form.
- Enthusiasm for Design.
- Ability to create a range of digital models and concept models from verbal instructions, Sketches and renderings, package and legacy data to digital models fit for release to surface lines.
Additional preferred requirements include:
- CAD training/experience in both 2D and 3D is highly desired.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) experience preferred.
If you would be interested in joining the Design Q team, then please email your current CV to Careers@designq.co.uk quoting reference number DQASE. We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Design Q can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom.