Designer (Quote ref: DQD0118)
Design Q is looking to strengthen its in-house Design team. Design Q is a premium design consultancy creating unique solutions for the transport sector. Our designers are dedicated individuals with a proven capability in making a difference, with expertise spanning automotive, aerospace and marine.
Applicants must be creative, innovative and flexible with the ability to work on their own initiative and as a member of a team. You’ll have the courage to challenge conventional thinking and be able to demonstrate your ability in a team environment. You will be active in the design team, and developing new products with sketches, renderings and CAD software.
Attention to detail, design sensitivity, sketching and CAS Surfacing ability and understanding are key to this role.
Education and Experience:
Minimum requirements include:
· Educated to Degree level in either Industrial/Product/Transport design or equivalent industry experience.
· A proven ability to use Autodesk Alias, Rhino or other appropriate modelling programmes.
· Exceptional design intuition and sensitivity.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Ability to visually communicate through sketches, and renderings.
· Ability to think three-dimensionally, with a strong emphasis on proportions and a refined sense of form.
· Enthusiasm for Design.
· Ability to create a range of digital models and concept models from verbal instructions, Sketches and renderings, package and legacy data fit for release.
Additional preferred requirements include:
· CAD training/experience in both 2D and 3D is highly desired.
· Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) experience preferred.
If you would be interested in joining the Design Q team, then please email your current CV and portfolio to Careers@designq.co.uk quoting reference number DQD0118. The closing date for this application is 31st January 2018. However, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. We would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Design Q can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom and will not provide sponsorship for this position.